Help your student with the following concepts as you come across various word endings.
- Words that end in ck have the same sound as those that end with k.
- Double letters ff, ll, mm, nn, pp, ss, tt, etc., sound the same as the single letters.
- The letters s or es at the end of a word often make it plural.
- The letters d or ed at the end of a word often make it past tense.
- The letters y or ly at the end of a word often make it descriptive.
- The letter y can make the "long e" or the "long i" sound at the end of a word.
- The letters n or en at the end of a word can make it descriptive or past tense.
- The letters ing at the end of a word make the sound /ing/.
- The letters r or er at the end of a word make the sound /r/.
- The letters ph can make the sound of the letter f.
Click here for a pdf of the Tutor Guide